Barden Park Athletics Centre of Excellence
The Barden Park Athletics Centre of Excellence was built in 2014 and boost an international standard synthetics running track and throwing event infrastructure accredited through International Association of Athletics Federations. The facility also includes building enhancements with function room, announcer box and photo finish, tiered covered grandstand, change room and amenities as well as canteen.
The Centre is located on Gipps Street, Dubbo and is home to the Dubbo Athletics Club. More than 25 school athletics carnivals are held at the facility annually and the facility has played host to major events such as the NSW Little Athletics State Multi Event and Athletics NSW Country Championships.
During day light savings: hours of operation are 6am to 8pm.
Outside of day light savings: hours of operation are 6am to 6pm.
Seasonal user groups have first right to use of the facility, individuals must cooperate with user groups who hold bookings. Expand the Bookings section below to view allocated bookings.
Seasonal user groups have first right to use of the facility, individuals must cooperate with user groups who hold bookings.
For bookings and venue hire, please complete either:
|Winter - 1 April to 30 September
|Summer - 1 October to 31 March
|Dubbo Athletics Club
Tuesday | 4pm - 7pm
Sunday | 9am - 11am
Tuesday | 4pm - 7pm
Thursday | 6pm - 8pm
Friday | 4pm - 9pm
Sunday | 9am - 11am
|Wednesday | 6pm - 7pm (all year round)
Athletics Carnival Allocations 2024
- TBC Astley Cup
- 07/05/2024 St Johns College
- 09/05/2024 Dubbo College South Campus
- 17/05/2024 Dubbo College Delroy Campus
- 20/05/2024 Dubbo College Senior Campus
- 23/05/2024 MAGS Secondary
- 24/05/2024 MAGS Primary
- 30/05/2024 Western Access Program Carnival
- 12/06/2024 Burrabadine Christian Community School
- 14/06/2024 Dubbo Christian School – Secondary
- 19/06/2024 Dubbo Christian School - Primary
- 20/06/2024 St Pius X Primary School
- 24/06/2024 St Marys Primary School
- 26/06/2024 St John’s Primary School
- 02/07/2024 St Laurence's Primary School
- 25/07/2024 Wilcannia - Forbes Northern Catholic School Cluster
- 26/07/2024 Buninyong Public School
- 29/07/2024 Bathurst Dio - Northern
- 30/07/2024 Christian Schools Farwest Zone
- 31/07/2024 Dubbo North Public School
- 01/08/2024 Dubbo West Public School
- 02/08/2024 Western School Sport - Secondary
- 06/08/2024 Bathurst Dio - Western
- 08/08/2024 Dubbo South Public School
- 09/08/2024 Dubbo Small School
- 15/08/2024 Orana Heights Public School
- 16/08/2024 Dubbo Public School
- 22/08/2024 Bathurst Dio Secondary
- 23/08/2024 Bathurst Dio Primary
- 27/08/2024 Gobondery/NARRAF
- 06/09/2024 Dubbo District PSSA
- 20/09/2024 Western School Sport Primary
Dubbo Regional Council is focused on ensuring the safety, enjoyment and well-being of all athletic participants and spectators at the facility. As such Council requests that certain actions do not occur, whilst at the facility.
- No smoking
- No pets
- No bikes, skates, scooters or vehicles permitted on track
- No alcohol permitted
- No food or drink on track
- Children must be supervised by an adult at all times
- Amenities will not be available
- Spikes: Conical or Christmas Tree style spikes to be used; track events 7mm; field events 9mm; 12mm spike starting blocks to be used by individuals wearing spikes for all track work.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By entering this Council facility you acknowledge, agree and understand that as a user of this Council facility, you do so voluntarily of your own free will and at your own risk. Dubbo Regional Council and its servants and agents will not be liable for any personal injury or death arising out of or from your use of this facility or for any loss of or damage to your property occurring whilst using this facility. You agree to waive any and all rights that you, or any other person claiming through you, may have against Dubbo Regional Council in relation to any loss or injury (including death) that is suffered by you as a result of your use of this facility.
In consideration of Dubbo Regional Council allowing you to use this facility you, agree to indemnify Dubbo Regional Council against any claim or proceeding that is made, threatened or commenced and any liability, loss (including consequential loss and loss of profits), damages or expense (including legal costs on a full indemnity basis) that Dubbo Regional Council incurs or suffers, as a direct or indirect result of your use of this facility.
Individuals are required to notify Dubbo Regional Council of any accident or incident as well as report any unsafe or damaged facilities within 24 hours via 02 6801 4000 or firstname.lastname@example.org
User groups hold seasonal bookings at the facility and have first right to use the facility during such times. Individuals are required to work around other user groups who hold a booking.
If Dubbo Regional Council staff are carrying out scheduled work at the facility individuals will be required to cooperate with staff when using the facility simultaneously.
Unauthorised commercial activities including the collection of money, sale of food and beverages, merchandise or services are not permitted without permission of Dubbo Regional Council.
Last Edited: 13 Feb 2024