Support for your event
Planning an event worthy of a standing ovation doesn't need to be a stressful experience. Dubbo Regional Council has a proven record in event attraction, delivery and support. Our team can provide strategic advice, support and promotional opportunities to help maximise attendance and help make your event a great success.
Council's events team boasts a combined 50 years experience in strategic event attraction and event management capability. It offers significant support to new event activity, as well as support for time-honoured local events. The team's experience in the delivery of festivals, sporting events and conferences means that they have an acute understanding of your needs.
The event's team can arrange and facilitate:
- Meetings with event organisers to discuss plans and timing
- Site recces of the Region's various indoor and outdoor venues
- Meetings with managers of Council-owned venues
- Scoping meetings with key staff of Council providing specialised advice on matters such as approvals and traffic control.
other services include:
for events deemed to be key economic drivers for the region the team will:
- Develop a "VIP Welcome Passes" comprising of special offers provided by the Region's attractions, restaurants and the retail sector for distribution to delegates/participants
- Facilitate CBD promotion programs to engage the local community and create excitement in the Region.
event organiser's toolbox
Event Starter Guide
The Event Starter Guide has been developed to assist event organisers who are planning an event in the Dubbo Regional Council Local Government Area. You will gain a greater understanding of the many factors to consider for both the approval of and smooth functioning of events.
Event Starter Guide (PDF 2.6MB)
Event Application Form
This Event Application Form is required if you are staging your event on (or in part) on a Council road, footpath, reserve or park. This form does not require completion if the event is being held within a designated event venue.
Applications should be submitted between twelve (12) and six (6) months in advance. Before completing this form please refer to the above Event Starter Guide.
Event Application Form (PDF 727.3KB)
For further information contact Dubbo Regional Council's Marketing, Events and Partnership team on (02) 6801 4000 or email@example.com
Last Edited: 30 Nov 2018