STRONGER COMMUNITIES FUND – COMMUNITY GRANT PROGRAM
ON THIS PAGE
Overview Round 3 funding
Who can apply for Round 3 funding Types of eligible projects
Eligibility criteria Project assessment
Round 3 timetable Contact
Forms Previous funding rounds
The Community Grant Program is aimed at delivering a range of facilities, infrastructure and services to create stronger communities for local residents.
Dubbo Regional Council has progressively been delivering the $1 million Community Grant Program since 2016, with the funding allocation released over three financial years:
- $350,000 in 2016-17 – Round 1
- $350,000 in 2017-18 – Round 2
- $300,000 in 2018-19 – Round 3
Round 3 closed on 25 May 2018.
All eligible applications received by Council are now being assessed by the Stronger Communities Assessment Panel. Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application(s) once they have been determined – expected by end July 2018.
The funding allocation in 2018-19 will be $317,500, which comprises the initial $300,000 reserved for 2018-19 plus un-committed funds of $17,500 from the previous two rounds in 2016-17 and 2017-18.
As per previous rounds, the maximum grant allocation available per project is $50,000.
If your organisation’s project is to cost more than $50,000 then the project will require co-funding from other non-council sources.
Please note that 2018-19 will be the final year of funding under this program.
Incorporated not-for-profit community organisations within the Dubbo Regional Local Government Area are eligible to apply for funding under Round 3 of the Community Grant Program.
Organisations that have previously been successful in applying for and being awarded funding under Rounds 1 and 2 of the Program are again welcome to apply for funding under Round 3. Please ensure, however, that any outstanding grant funds from Round 1 and 2 projects have been acquitted prior to submitting an application for Round 3 funding.
Any organisation with outstanding Community Grant Program funding from Rounds 1 and 2 projects will not be considered for Round 3 funding.
Community Grant Program funding is aimed at delivering a range of facilities, infrastructure and services to create stronger communities for local residents.
Types of projects include (but are not limited to): the upgrade of club facilities, funding of sporting equipment, or providing tools and equipment to improve the delivery of community services.
To be successful for funding, Community Grant Program projects must meet the following criteria:
- Deliver social, cultural, economic or environmental benefits to local communities.
- Address an identified community priority.
- Be well defined with a clear budget.
- Demonstrate that any ongoing or recurrent costs of the project can be met by the community group once grant funding has been exhausted.
- The organisation must demonstrate the capacity to manage funds and deliver the project successfully.
A Stronger Communities Fund Assessment Panel will assess projects against the Program’s eligibility criteria and make recommendations to Dubbo Regional Council for consideration and approval of funding. The Panel comprises:
- The Mayor, Dubbo Regional Council (or delegate).
- The region’s State Member of Parliament (or representative).
- The Regional Coordinator of the NSW Department of Premier and Cabinet (or delegate).
- Other members, appointed by the Mayor of Dubbo Regional Council, as required.
- An independent probity advisor, to advise the Panel on their deliberations and assessment process.
- 5 April 2018 – Applications open.
- 25 May 2018 – Application close (at 5:00pm). Late applications will not be accepted.
- June to July 2018 – Applications assessed and recommendations submitted by the Assessment Panel to Council for endorsement.
- End July 2018 – Successful projects announced and successful applicants notified.
- End July 2019 – All Community Grant Program projects to be completed and funds acquitted.
All applicants will be notified in writing of the outcome of their application as soon as practicable once applications have been determined.
If your project is successful your organisation will be provided with a Funding Agreement to complete and Program Guidelines that outline obligations of the grant, including project reporting, grant acquittal and recognition requirements
For information on the previous two Community Grant Program funding rounds please see:
General enquiries about the Stronger Communities Fund – Community Grants Program can be directed to Dubbo Regional Council’s Economic Projects and Grants Officer on 02 6801 4000 or email email@example.com.
Last Edited: 29 May 2018