The Wellington Memorial Pool will be closed for the duration of the 2018/19 swimming season as the facility undergoes its first major redevelopment since its construction in 1956.
Dubbo Regional Council realise that the closure of Wellington Memorial Pool for a season due to the construction of a new aquatic centre will be an inconvenience to the community, and are seeking feedback on the proposed arrangements detailed below.
Council would like to thank the community for their understanding and cooperation in regard to the Wellington Memorial Pool Development and subsequent closure.
The Geurie Swimming Pool will open on Saturday 13th October 2018 and close Sunday 17th March 2019. Daily operating hours at the Geurie Swimming Pool:
|6am – 7am
|| Tuesday and Thursday
|9am – 7pm
| Weekends and school holidays
|12pm – 7pm
| Monday – Friday during the school term
|9am – 12pm
| During the school term for bookings approved by Council
Admission fees for Geurie Swimming Pool will be as per the 2018/2019 Dubbo Regional Council Revenue Policy:
|Daily Adult Admission
|| Family Season Pass
|Daily Child Admission
|| Adult Season Pass
|Daily Family Admission
|| Child Season Pass
|Daily Pensioner/Senior/Concession Admission
|| Pensioner/Senior/Concession Season Pass
|Child Under 2
|| Discount book of 10 tickets Adult
|School group rate per child
|| Discount books of 10 tickets Child
- There will be no designated lanes for lap swimmers and those wishing to undertake lap swimming would be encouraged to do so during the early mornings.
- No private swimming lessons or private squad coaching will be allowed at Geurie Swimming Pool.
- Aqua Aerobics would be offered 10am – 11am on a Thursday and Friday morning throughout the season. Aqua aerobics will be offered a Wednesday afternoon from 5.30pm – 6.30pm during the school terms on a trial basis.
- Wellington Swimming Club will be offered 6pm – 8.30pm at Geurie Swimming Pool on a Friday night on a weekly basis to conduct a point score competition.
- Wellington Diggers Swimming Club will be offered 6.30pm – 7.30pm at Geurie Swimming Pool on a Tuesday night on a weekly basis to conduct a point score competition.
- The Wellington Schools will be offered the Dubbo Aquatic Leisure Centre to run their school swimming carnivals in Term 1 2019.
- Wellington Swimming Club will be offered the Dubbo Aquatic Leisure Centre or Geurie Swimming Pool to run their Nat Barton Swimming Carnival.
- School learn to swim/sport programs can be booked in at Geurie Swimming Pool.
- A storage area will be made available for the clubs and aqua aerobics to store equipment if required.
Submit Your Feedback
Dubbo Regional Council want your feedback on proposed alternatives while Wellington Memorial Pool is closed.
Mandatory field(s) marked with *
Last Edited: 17 Jul 2018