Dubbo Sister City Exchange - Student Application
2017 Minokamo & Wujiang Sister City Student Exchange
Students aged 15 to 18 that attend a Dubbo high school are eligible to apply. Please make sure that you and your parents read the Terms and Conditions at the bottom of this form before you begin your application to ensure you are eligible for consideration and that your parents support your application.
Mandatory field(s) marked with *
terms & conditions enter here.
1. The minimum age for students to participate in the exchange program is 15 years and all applicants must attend a Dubbo High School.
2. The 2017 Student Exchanges are reciprocal, and require participating Dubbo students and their families to host a sister city student when they visit Dubbo in late July or early August 2017.
3. The total cost of the visit (including return airfares, internal transfers, travel insurance, most meals and side trips to Shanghai, Beijing & Great Wall for Wujiang group; and Tokyo and Tokyo Disneyland for Minokamo Group) will be around $3300 - $3500. Dubbo Regional Council will subsidies' the cost by $1000/student so the cost per student will be @ $2300-$2500. This is based on 2016 prices and may vary at the time of booking.
4. All other personal costs are to be borne by students. An approximate budget of @ $25 per day is recommended to cover daily incidental spending. Additional funds will be required for students wishing to make purchases of gifts, clothing etc. .
5. Students will be billeted with families in our sister cities. Home staying with a local family is a unique cultural experiences not available to most tourists and also assists in keeping the cost of the exchange visits very affordable.
6. The duration of the exchanges is 9 to 12 days and the exchange will be scheduled in the Sept/Oct School holidays - 22nd September to 9 October 2017.
7. Two adult Chaperones will accompany the students to and from Dubbo, and our sister cities provide a guide/interpreter during the groups stay in their cities.
8. Selection of successful students will involve an interview of the student and their parent/s and/or guardian/s.
9. Students will be required to attend four cultural training and language sessions to prepare for the visit. They will also prepare a report to present to Dubbo Regional Council and the Sister City Advisory Committee following the sister city exchange trip.
10. Students will be expect to hold or to have a valid Australian Passport within FOUR weeks of notification that their application has been successful.
Application close Friday 3rd March 2017.
For further information, please contact the Sister City Officer: Kylie Sutherland on 0447 445 472 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Edited: 08 Feb 2017