Dog Parks and Leash-Free Areas
Dubbo Regional Council provides several areas in the Local Government Area where owners can take their dogs for a run off the leash; including three fenced areas with agility equipment.
Whilst dogs are permitted off the leash in these areas, owners are still legally liable for any damage or attacks that their dog may commit. There are rules governing the use of these facilities to ensure these areas remain safe and friendly for all users.
Take a look at our Leash-free brochure (PDF 367KB), and view the rules and locations below.
The following rules must be abided by in leash-free areas:
- No declared dangerous or menacing dogs or restricted breeds;
- No greyhounds;
- Only two dogs to be off the leash at any one time;
- Be considerate and share the use of the facility;
- Owners must clean up after their dogs;
- Vaccinations must be current; and
- Dogs must always be under the effective control of a competent person who is over 16 years of age.
The following leash-free locations are available for community use in Dubbo. Please click on the facility name to open a map reference.
Wheelers Lane - Fenced
Pegasus Pl - Myall Street
South Dubbo - Fenced
Tracker Riley (off track under the L H Ford Bridge, east)
TAFE Reserve - Joan Flint Park
Tracker Riley (off track near the Railway Bridge, west)
Tracker Riley (off track/riverbank -Tamworth Street Footbridge, west)
Dalbeattie Cres - Fenced
The following leash-free locations are available for community use in Wellington. Please click on the facility name to open a map reference.
John Oxley Park
Last Edited: 08 Jul 2022