How to buy a cemetery plot
HOW TO PURCHASE A CEMETERY PLOT
There are several cemetery locations in the local government area managed by Council and two ways in which you can purchase a cemetery plot. Contact Council to select a site for a burial plot or if you know the details already, submit the Burial Permit Application Form.
How much is the plot?
Costs change from year to year with the Revenue Policy.
In 2018/2019 the plot cost (not including interment fee) is:
- $1,565 per plot in the New Dubbo Cemetery, Villages Cemeteries $1,240 and Ashes Garden is $577
- $1,271 per plot in Wellington Lawn Cemetery, Village Cemeteries $1,240 and Niche or Garden Plots are $357.
Payment methods and plans
- You can pay up front at time of selection. Make this payment to Council. If the payment plan option is selected, an invoice is issued, 10% is paid on the receipt of the invoice and arrangements are then made to pay off the remainder over 12 months period.
Depth of plot?
- Dubbo & District Cemeteries - Single or double depth can be chosen at the time of the burial by the family. The cost of the double depth is in the digging fee at the time of the funeral.
- Wellington and Village Cemeteries - Plots are customarily excavated double depth to allow two burials to take place. It is sometimes determined in a Village Cemetery that the ground is too difficult to excavate double depth in the area requested. Families will be notified by the Council and/or the Funeral Director if this occurs.
Where can I have the plot?
Near a loved one or friend, near an internal roadway, or among trees. Council will endeavour to accommodate all reasonable requests.
- Come into Council to see what is available
- Select your burial site
- Choose your payment option:
- Pay the full amount at the time of purchase or
- Pay 10% of Invoice and arrange for Direct Debit over 12 months (Dubbo Regional Council LGA cemeteries)
At the time of the funeral
- The Funeral Home will contact Council
- The Family will select single or double depth (for Dubbo burials only)
- The cost of the digging will go onto the funeral costs to the Funeral Home
- Burial Permit Application
- Permit for interring Ashes
- Application for headstone approval
- Wall of Memories - Old Dubbo Cemetery
For Dubbo & District Cemeteries and Wellington and Village cemeteries, please contact Dubbo Regional Council on (02) 6801 4000.
Fee for accessing or printing required information: $70.
Last Edited: 09 Dec 2016