Eighteen community groups to receive financial assistance
At an extraordinary meeting of Dubbo Regional Council on Monday 12 December it was decided to formally endorse $15,000 worth of grants to 18 community groups.
The Financial Assistance Program is open to applicants that provide a range of essential social and community services which meet the community’s lifestyle and social needs.
Council dedicates $30,000 to the Community Financial Assistance Program each year to help ease the burden of not-for-profit organisations that contribute to our community and this is the first round of funding Council has to offer for the 2016-2017 financial year.
The funding often provides a much-needed boost to help community groups complete a project or pay for resources that help them deliver valued activities and services to the people of Dubbo Regional Council LGA.
The successful applicants were:
- Akela Place Playgroup
- Australian Decorative and Fine Arts Society
- Young Life Dubbo
- Onelife Community Church
- Dubbo Model Railway Club
- Wiradjuri Wellington Aboriginal Town Common Corporation
- Orana Early Intervention and Education Project Inc.
- Wellington Amateur Theatrical Society
- Wellington Information and Neighbourhood Centre
- Stuart Town Advancement Association
- Mumbil District Progress Association
- Wellington Branch CWA
- 1st Wellington Scout Group
- Mid Macquarie Landcare Wellington
- Australian Breastfeeding Association (Dubbo)
- Wellington Multi Service Centre
- Binjang Community Radio
- PCYC Wellington
A cheque presentation ceremony will be held on Monday 19 December at 10.30am at Dubbo Regional Council ground floor conference room, Dubbo.
Dubbo Regional Council
(02) 6801 4000
Last Edited: 13 Dec 2016