DUBBO REGIONAL COUNCIL'S COVID-19 RESPONSE
Dubbo Regional Council is providing frequent updates on its response to the COVID-19 outbreak. First and foremost, this is a Federal and State Government-led response, and Dubbo Regional Council is a conduit to the community to share information. You can stay up-to-date with our latest live press conferences by liking our Facebook page or viewing the Live Stream section of the website. We'll also provide the most recent live stream below. The next update is Friday 27 March, at 12:30pm, and will live streamed on this webpage.
NEWS & UPDATES
Dubbo Regional Council has published the below media releases about its response to COVID-19. The most recent releases are at the top:
ADDITIONAL COUNCIL FACILITIES TO CLOSE IN RESPONSE TO COVID-19 PANDEMIC
COUNCIL FACILITIES TO CLOSE, BUT STAFF STILL WORKING
LANDING FEES AT DUBBO CITY REGIONAL AIRPORT WAIVED
DRC STATEMENT RE 'MARKETS' AND COVID-19
COUNCIL CONTINUES WORKING WITH EVENT ORGANISERS
SPECIAL EARLY MORNING BUS SERVICES
MAINTAINING VITAL SERVICES FOR OUR COMMUNITY
SUPPORTING OUR BUSINESS COMMUNITY
We know that our business community is hurting at this time, which is why Dubbo Regional Council's Economic Development Team is working with local businesses. A webpage over at our sister-site run by Dubbo Region is helping our community stay connected and aware of what businesses have come up with alternative ways of trading.
Find out more about local businesses and who's still trading here. You'll also find important information for businesses, and also for workers and employees.
PUBLIC HEALTH INFORMATION
On 21 March 2020, NSW Health Minister Brad Hazzard made an Order under Section 7 of the Public Health Act 2010
that prohibits mass gatherings of 500 or more people in outdoor spaces
and 100 people or more in indoor spaces, subject to certain exclusions.
For more information about this, please visit here.
CLOSURES/ PRECAUTIONS AT COUNCIL FACILITIES
We are updating this information regularly to keep our community informed about any changes to their services. Please refer to the below table for more information.
Still have questions? Click here to see our Frequently Asked Questions about COVID-19.
|Customer Experience Centres
||The physical branch will close at 5pm on Friday 27 March. Online and phone inquiries will remain open.
Our team members are required to maintain high standards of hygiene and cleanliness. When you are in one of our Customer Experience Centres, please try to keep social distancing wherever possible, abide to the requested distancing signage and if you are feeling unwell, don't visit our centres.
Customer Experience remains open in Dubbo and Wellington; however we encourage the community to consider alternative contact methods to reduce risk of COVID-19, including:
Certificates, Debtor payments, rates and water payments processed via:
For Duty Builder and Planning Officers
- Phone 02 6801 4000 between 1pm-5pm for Duty Builder and Planning Officers, or email your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org rather than attending in person.
|Visitor Information Centres
The Dubbo and Wellington Visitor Information Centres closed at 5pm on Wednesday 25 March. Staff will still be on site doing the following:
- Taking phone calls and responding to online inquiries.
- Continuing to provide refunds for people who bought tickets to Red Hot Summer Tour, and made online bookings.
Phone: 1800 674 443
|Dubbo Regional Theatre and Convention Centre (DRTCC)
The Box Office at Dubbo Regional Theatre and Convention Centre (DRTCC) will close at 5pm Wednesday 25 March. Staff will remain onsite to continue planning and making arrangements for future shows, and provide refunds/ show credit.
Given the most recent update from the
Federal Government, banning indoor events of 100+ people, or 500+ for
outdoor events, some events in the Dubbo Region have been cancelled or
For a list of shows and events cancelled at the Dubbo Regional Theatre and Convention Centre, visit here.
- For updates about other events in the Dubbo region, visit here.
Phone: (02) 6801 4378
| Old Dubbo Gaol
- Staff at Old Dubbo Gaol will continue working from home, or practicing social distancing while they work behind-the-scenes on the Old Dubbo Gaol redevelopment.
- Staff will still be responding to inquiries over the phone or email.
Phone: (02) 6801 4460
|Dubbo Regional Livestock Markets (DRLM)
We've asked that only those conducting business at DRLM - namely agents, buyers, transporters, contractors and staff - attend Dubbo Regional Livestock Markets. We also want people to be aware of the below:
- The need for regular and correct hand-washing procedures.
- Avoiding touching eyes, nose and mouth with hands.
- Sneezing into your elbow or clean tissue.
- Not shaking hands.
- Maintaining a 1.5m distance from others.
- If you have symptoms you must self-isolate and seek immediate medical advice.
|Wellington Caves and Caravan Park
- Staff will close the doors to the Wellington Caves from 5pm Wednesday 25 March.
- The Caravan Park closed at 5pm Thursday 26 March.
- All Caves tours have been cancelled until further notice. Staff will still be contactable via phone.
Phone: (02) 6840 6480
|Western Plains Cultural Centre (WPCC)
- All programming, openings, workshops, mini-makers and events in the CAC and WPCC will be postponed indefinitely.
- Staff will remain on site working on future exhibitions, and working with artists to either postpone or extend exhibitions.
- WPCC will still be maintaining a strong presence on its social media channels, to stay engaged with culture in the region, follow them online.
Phone: (02) 6801 4444
|Macquarie Regional Library (MRL)
- As a precaution to slow the spread of COVID-19, all MRL libraries will be closed from Wednesday 25 March, until further notice. To ease access to the library collection, you can now borrow up to 40 items for 6 weeks. We encourage you to continue to check our website and our social media for further updates, and thank you for your support and understanding during this time.
- We will rollout a suite of virtual programs including:
- 24/7 online services
- Online tech help
- Ask Your Library (via email and telephone)
- Stories At Home (virtual story time)
- Your Library at Your Door
Phone: (02) 6801 4510
| Community Halls
|| All closed until further notice. For a full list of halls affected, visit here.
|Play spaces/ playgrounds
In line with the Federal Government's recommendation, all play spaces (including the Adventure Playground) have been closed. Council is doing the following:
- Contacting people with weddings booked in local parks, including Victoria Park
- Turning off all BBQs in public spaces
- Erecting signs in play areas and parks to ensure members of the public are aware that the area is closed.
- Clubhouse canteens and function rooms are also closed to the public.
The following playgrounds, parks and ovals are closed:
- Apex Oval, Dubbo
- Barden Park
- Dubbo Regional Cycle Facility
- Victoria Park No. 1 Oval
- Kennard Park, Wellington
- Rygate Multi Courts
- Wongarbon Park Courts
- Tom Culkin Geurie Courts
- Elston Park, Dubbo, including Splash Pad
- Dubbo Regional Botanic Garden and Adventure Playground
- Oswano Japanese Gardens, Wellington
- Victoria Park - Livvy's Playground
- Powter Park BMX Track
- Cameron Park Playground Wellington
- Ballimore Tennis Courts
- Teresa Maliphant Park Playground
- Pioneer Hockey Complex
- Sandy Beach Reserve Devils Elbow Reserve
|Aquatic Leisure Centres
|| All Aquatic Leisure Centres have been closed since 5pm Wednesday 25 March. The pool season in Geurie had closed two weeks prior, and the Wellington and Dubbo season was due to end on Friday 27 March.
Last Edited: 27 Mar 2020