The Wellington Airport, also known as Bondangora Airport, is owned and operated by Council.
People looking to land or house their small planes at Bodangora Airport, including local residents and visitors can obtain permission to use the airport by contacting Council.
Landing fees, permissions & inspections
There are no landing fees at Bodangora Airport.
Regular inspections are not carried out by Council, however a special inspection can be arranged for a fee of $85.20.
To arrange an inspection, please call inspecting officers Peter James on 0428 634 034 or Colin Horan on 0429 452 098. Alternatively, contact Council's Customer Service Centre on (02) 6801 4000.
- Aeroclub Club House
- Aeroclub Shed
- Tie downs available.
LOCATION & DIRECTIONS
- Latitude - 32° 28'S
- Latitude - 148° 59'E
- Height of Runway above mean sea level; 426 M (1,400')
- World Aeronautical Chart (WAC) No: 345.
- 13/31 - Length 1500m Width 60m
- 05/23 - Length 900m Width 45m - 2% average incline to North
- Stock fence 30m from centre line on runway 05/23 (Western End - North Side)
- Hills in circuit area affect night landing approaches
- 80m Guy Wired Steel Lattice Mast - Long 149.06206 - Lat 32.39131
- Strip 05 - Not suitable for departures due to rising terrain.
- 13/31 - Sealed 15m wide - gravel shoulders 3m wide
- 05/23 - Unsealed central gravel strip 10m wide both directions.
- Permanent runway lighting is available on runway 13/31.
- Available by arrangement with BP Dubbo.
Last Edited: 02 Dec 2016