Learn To Swim
Term 1 Learn to Swim Update
Re-enrolments for Term 1 Learn to Swim bookings are currently being processed. Our bookings team will be in contact shortly to confirm all children being re-enroled.
Classes for new enrolments in Term 1 are being processed by our bookings team. Please complete the 2020/21 Learn to Swim Enrolment Form for Individuals (PDF 544.2KB) and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org - the team will be in contact to discuss booking availability.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO WORK AT OUR AQUATIC CENTRES?
Are you a certified Learn to Swim Instructor and looking for casual work? We'd love to hear from you! Please send your resume through to email@example.com and we'll be in contact.
Dubbo Region Aquatic Leisure Centres offer a range of Learn to Swim programs for children and adults. Swimming and water safety skills are vital and our accredited AUSTSWIM™ instructors can help you or your child find confidence in the water, while having a whole lot of fun!
Lessons are available at each of our facilities in Dubbo, Wellington and Geurie. To register, complete a Learn to Swim enrolment form and return it to Reception or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
2020/21 Learn to Swim Enrolment Form for Individuals (PDF 544.2KB)
- FREE Learn to Swim Assessment – to determine swim level for participants
- Facility entry cost for participant and one supervisor (parent, carer or guardian) is included in the lesson fee.
- Bookings are essential
- Active Kids Vouchers are accepted for Learn to Swim classes only and must be provided at time of booking. Partial or cash refund/reimbursement is not allowed for Active Kids Vouchers
- Credits or make up lessons may be offered if lessons are cancelled by Dubbo Regional Council, credits can be applied to future lessons or other Aquatic Leisure Centre products.
Fees for Individual Bookings:
- 10 lessons = $130
1:5 ratio of Instructor to Children
- 10 private lessons = $320
1:1 ratio of Instructor to Children
- Adult Learn to Swim = $12 per lesson
1:5 ration of Instructor to student
Due to recent changes to the NSW Department of Education Swimming and Water Safety Program, a larger than usual demand for school Learn to Swim lessons has occurred across our facilities. While staff will endeavour to accommodate your student's needs, we ask for your patience while the team works through the influx of booking requests.
To find out if your desired dates and times are available, please email Aquatic@dubbo.nsw.gov.au with as many details as possible. A member of the Bookings team will get in touch with you within 5 working days.
Please consider the following suggestions to increase the possibility of your booking being successful:
- Book a morning session. Most afternoon sessions have been fully booked for the remainder of Term 4, 2020.
- Supply Learn to Swim Instructors from your school and book lanes at the facility of your choice
- Consider a school excursion to Wellington or Geurie facilities as Dubbo is receiving the highest number of booking requests
Last Edited: 25 Jan 2021