NSW Container Deposit Scheme - Return and Earn
The NSW Container Deposit Scheme, Return and Earn, will commence on 1 December 2017. The Scheme is overseen by the NSW State Government and operated by TOMRA-Cleanaway, the Network Operator. TOMRA-Cleanaway is responsible for the establishment and management of collection points and infrastructure across NSW.
When the scheme is fully operational, there will be 3 types of collection points - Reverse Vending Machines, over the counter collection points and automated depots.
As of January 9, 2018, the Dubbo Regional Council area has 3 Reverse Vending Machines.
- Carpark of Woolworths, Wellington - 81 Arthur Street, Wellington.
- Victoria Park, 169 Talbragar Street, Dubbo - near the Skate Park and Men's Shed
- Carpark of Woolworths, Delroy Park Shopping Centre, Baird Drive, Dubbo
Council is currently in negotiations with TOMRA-Cleanaway for the installation of a fourth Reverse Vending Machine to be located in East Dubbo.
Over-the-counter collection points are also located at
- DUNEDOO - 128 Avonside Road
- PEAK HILL - Peak Hill Caravan Park, 2 Ween Street, Peak Hill.
Further collection points will be established as the Scheme progresses and can be found on the Return and Earn website.
Not all containers are eligible for a refund, and containers must be EMPTY, UNCRUSHED, UNBROKEN AND HAVE THE ORIGINAL LABEL ATTACHED.
All information about the scheme including
- type of containers that are eligible for the refund
- location of collection points
- how to collect your refund
can be found on the Return and Earn website at www.returnandearn.org.au
From 1 December, TOMRA-Cleanaway will operate a hotline for queries, complaints or feedback about collection points.
The Hotline number is 1800 290 691 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Edited: 09 Jan 2018