Beautification of entrance to Wellington underway

IMG_0577

Work has begun to improve the appearance of the northern entrance to Wellington, with the clearing of unsightly debris from the side of the Mitchell Highway.

Crews have been working since Monday to remove shrubs, weeds and fallen branches to make for a more open space.

Mayor of the Dubbo Region Ben Shields said there had been strong demand from the community to improve the look of the entrances to Wellington.

“At the December 2018 Ordinary meeting of Council, Councillor Greg Mohr moved a notice of motion for the formation of a masterplan to beautify the town and its entrances. This clean-up is an important part of that,” Councillor Shields said.

“Wellington is a very pretty town but it is let down in a few areas and Council is working to correct those. First impressions are so important for a town so we want people to come in and be impressed by its beauty from the entrance to the main street and beyond.

Councillor Shields said along with work on the Cameron Park masterplan, the redevelopment of the Wellington Aquatic Leisure Centre and other infrastructure improvements, it was an exciting time for Wellington.

“This is an unprecedented time for Wellington with more than $40 million worth of projects underway or due to start and they will continue to boost the appeal of this wonderful, vibrant town.”

Last Edited: 26 Jul 2019

Section Menu
Search