Coronavirus (COVID-19) Rates Financial Assistance.
Many of Councils ratepayers, residents and businesses have been adversely affected by the COVID-19 pandemic and the associated measures that have been taken by the Government to slow down infection levels.
A COVID-19 Rates Financial Assistance Policy was adopted on 14th April 2020 to provide additional assistance for those ratepayers that have been financially impacted by COVID-19.
Eligible ratepayers who are approved under the COVID-19 Rates Financial Assistance Policy will have access to the following:
- The deferral of payment of the rate instalments due 31 May 2020 and 31 August 2020, until 31 December 2020 supported by a payment arrangement where possible.
- No interest to be charged on overdue instalments that are due 31 May 2020 and 31 August 2020, from 1 June 2020 until 31 December 2020.
Eligible ratepayers that are able to make an application under the COVID-19 Rates Financial Assistance Policy are:
- A Ratepayer who is receiving regular COVID-19 related income support:
- JobSeeker Payment
- JobKeeper Payment
- Farm Household Allowance
- A landlord whose rental income has decreased by at least 30% from an existing tenancy agreement
- A business who qualifies for the JobKeeper payment
Supporting documentation of receiving any of the above will be required as part of the application process and must be submitted at the time of the application.
To submit an application under the COVID-19 Rates Financial Assistance Policy, Click here and you will be directed to DRC&ME where you will be asked to register your details and submit a full application or an intent to claim.
Last Edited: 01 May 2020