Dubbo Health, Education and Wellbeing Draft Masterplan
Dubbo Regional Council wishes to advise that the Draft Drought Management Plan is now on display.
A master plan is a long term plan for orderly future growth and development prescribing to a pre-determined set of values and aspirations. To support the development of this precinct, the draft Masterplan has identified the following key strategies:
- Strategy 1 – Provide joint decision making, and research and investment attraction.
- Strategy 2 – Facilitate collaboration between organisations
- Strategy 3 – Expand economic opportunities
- Strategy 4 – Improve housing affordability, diversity & accommodation options
- Strategy 5 – Promote and guide appropriate development that supports the health, education and wellbeing focus of the Precinct
- Strategy 6 – Improve recreational space and active transport
- Strategy 7 – Improve transport infrastructure connections and links through the Precinct
The draft Masterplan includes the following key investments:
- Dubbo Hospital Upgrades: The Dubbo Hospital has been undergoing significant refurbishment and expansion, supporting improvements to models of care, facility expansions to cater for a growing regional population and new services that will allow residents to stay in the region to receive health care. Stage 1, 2 and 3 works are complete and work has commenced on Stage 4, including the construction of a new cancer centre. The total project investment exceeds $250M.
- Velodrome/ Cycle Facility: Work has commenced on a $4.4 million outdoor velodrome and criterium track on Council land at 88 River Street.
- Sport and recreation facilities on Charles Sturt University land.
- Short-term accommodation at Macquarie Homestay: Macquarie Homestay has recently completed 14 short-term accommodation units, provided for families of hospital patients in a not-for-profit arrangement. Macquarie Homestay have sufficient land to accommodate up to 100 short-term accommodation units on the site, to be constructed as demand and funding allow.
- Sydney University: planned expansion to a full medical degree at Dubbo, focussing on Rural Medicine. There is potential for 70 additional students on campus and a 50% growth in staff, along with significant investment in campus teaching facilities.
The draft Masterplan will be open for review and feedback until 5.00pm Wednesday 16 October inclusive, with a subsequent report being brought forward to Council. Council welcomes community submissions.
For a copy of the draft masterplan, please click below:
Dubbo Health Precint Master Plan Report (PDF 14MB)
A survey is available which relates to the draft Health, Education and Wellbeing Master Plan. Please visit the link supplied below.
Last Edited: 24 Apr 2020