Dubbo Health, Education and Wellbeing Draft Masterplan
Dubbo Regional Council wishes to advise that the Dubbo Health, Education and Wellbeing Draft Masterplan is now on display.
A master plan is a long term plan for orderly future growth and development prescribing to a pre-determined set of values and aspirations. To support the development of this precinct, the draft Masterplan has identified the following key strategies:
- Strategy 1 – Provide joint decision making, and research and investment attraction.
- Strategy 2 – Facilitate collaboration between organisations
- Strategy 3 – Expand economic opportunities
- Strategy 4 – Improve housing affordability, diversity & accommodation options
- Strategy 5 – Promote and guide appropriate development that supports the health, education and wellbeing focus of the Precinct
- Strategy 6 – Improve recreational space and active transport
- Strategy 7 – Improve transport infrastructure connections and links through the Precinct
The draft Masterplan includes the following key investments:
- Dubbo Hospital Upgrades: The Dubbo Hospital has been undergoing significant refurbishment and expansion, supporting improvements to models of care, facility expansions to cater for a growing regional population and new services that will allow residents to stay in the region to receive health care. Stage 1, 2 and 3 works are complete and work has commenced on Stage 4, including the construction of a new cancer centre. The total project investment exceeds $250M.
- Velodrome/ Cycle Facility: Work has commenced on a $4.4 million outdoor velodrome and criterium track on Council land at 88 River Street.
- Sport and recreation facilities on Charles Sturt University land.
- Short-term accommodation at Macquarie Homestay: Macquarie Homestay has recently completed 14 short-term accommodation units, provided for families of hospital patients in a not-for-profit arrangement. Macquarie Homestay have sufficient land to accommodate up to 100 short-term accommodation units on the site, to be constructed as demand and funding allow.
- Sydney University: planned expansion to a full medical degree at Dubbo, focussing on Rural Medicine. There is potential for 70 additional students on campus and a 50% growth in staff, along with significant investment in campus teaching facilities.
The draft Masterplan will be open for review and feedback until 5.00pm Wednesday 16 October inclusive, with a subsequent report being brought forward to Council. Council welcomes community submissions.
For a copy of the draft masterplan, please click below:
Dubbo Health Precint Master Plan Report (PDF 14MB)
A survey is available which relates to the draft Health, Education and Wellbeing Master Plan. Please visit the link supplied below.
Submission – Draft Dubbo Health, Education and Wellbeing Masterplan
Please provide your details and complete the following form to submit your feedback on the draft Dubbo Health, Education and Wellbeing Draft Masterplan.
Mandatory field(s) marked with *
Last Edited: 30 Sep 2019