Dubbo Sister City Exchange - Student Application
2019 Wujiang Sister City Student Exchange
Students aged 14 to 18 that attend a high school within the Dubbo Regional Council area are eligible to apply. Please make sure that you and your parents read the Terms and Conditions at the bottom of this form before you begin your application to ensure you are eligible for consideration and that your parents support your application.
Mandatory field(s) marked with *
terms & conditions enter here.
1. The minimum age for students to participate in the exchange program is 14 years (year 9) and all applicants must attend a High School within Dubbo Regional Council.
2. The 2019 Student Exchange is reciprocal, and requires participating students and their families to home stay a Wujiang student when they visit Dubbo in late July or early August 2019.
3. The total cost of the visit (including return airfares, internal transfers, travel insurance, most meals and side trips to Shanghai, Beijing & Great Wall for Wujiang group; and Tokyo and Tokyo Disneyland for Minokamo Group) will be around $3800. Dubbo Regional Council will subsidies the cost by $1000/student so the cost per student will be around $2800. This is an estimated cost based on 2017 prices and may vary at the time of booking.
4. All other personal costs are to be borne by students. An approximate budget of @ $25 per day is recommended to cover daily incidental spending. Additional funds will be required for students for some meals, and to make purchases of gifts, clothing etc.
5. Students will be billeted with families in our sister cities. Home staying with a local family is a unique cultural experiences not available to tourists and assists in keeping the cost of the exchange visits very affordable.
6. The duration of the exchanges is 12 to 14 days in the April School holidays - Friday 3 to 28 April 2019 (April School Holidays).
7. Two adult Chaperones experienced in accompanying teenage students on overnight excursions and in overseas travel will accompany the students to and from Dubbo, and our sister cities provide a guide/interpreter during the groups stay in their cities. A guide will accompany the group during side trips in Beijing and Shanghai
8. Selection of successful students will involve an interview of the student and their parent/s and/or guardian/s.
9. Exchange students will be required to attend four cultural training and language sessions to prepare for the visit. They will also prepare a report to present to Dubbo Regional Council and the Sister City Advisory Panel following the sister city exchange trip.
10. Student will be expect to hold or to have a valid Australian Passport within FOUR weeks of notification that their application has been successful.
For further information, please contact the Sister City Officer: Kylie Sutherland on 0447 445 472 or email: email@example.com.
Last Edited: 15 Oct 2018