Dubbo Sister City Exchange - Student Application
2019 Minokamo Sister City Student Exchange
Students aged 15 to 18 that attend a high school within the Dubbo Regional Council area are eligible to apply. Please make sure that you and your parents read the Terms and Conditions at the bottom of this form before you begin your application to ensure you are eligible for consideration and that your parents support your application.
Mandatory field(s) marked with *
terms & conditions enter here.
1. The minimum age for students to participate in the exchange program is 15 years of age (year 10) and all applicants must attend a High School within Dubbo Regional Council.
2. The 2019 Student Exchange is reciprocal, and requires participating students and their families to home stay a Minokamo student when they visit Dubbo in late July or early August 2019.
3. The total cost of the visit (including return airfares, internal transfers, travel insurance, most meals and side trip to Tokyo and Tokyo Disney Sea) will be around $3800. Dubbo Regional Council will subsidies the cost by $1000/student so the cost to successful applicants will be around $2800. This is an estimated cost based on 2018 prices and may vary at the time of booking.
4. All other personal costs are to be borne by students. An approximate budget of @ $25 per day is recommended to cover daily incidental spending. Additional funds will be required for students for some meals, and to make purchases of gifts, clothing etc.
5. Students will be billeted with families in Minokamo. Home staying with a local family is a unique cultural experiences not available to tourists and assists in keeping the cost of the exchange visits very affordable.
6. The duration of the exchanges is 12 to 14 days in the October School holidays - Friday 27 September to Monday 14 October 2019
7. Two adult Chaperones experienced in accompanying teenage students on overnight excursions and in overseas travel will accompany the students to and from Dubbo, and our sister cities provide a guide/interpreter during the groups stay in their cities. A guide will accompany the group during side trips in Tokyo
8. Selection of successful students will involve an interview of the student and their parent/s and/or guardian/s - this is a very worthwhile experience for students and could be their first formal interview - we do try to put the students at ease in the interview.
9. Exchange students will be required to attend four cultural training and language sessions to prepare for the visit. They will also prepare a report to present to Dubbo Regional Council and the Sister City Advisory Panel following the sister city exchange trip.
10. Student will be expect to hold or to have a valid Australian Passport within FOUR weeks of notification that their application has been successful.
For further information, please contact the Sister City Officer: Kylie Sutherland on 0447 445 472 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Edited: 18 Mar 2019