Wellington Waste Transfer Station
The Wellington Waste Facility is located at 83 Nanima Village Road, Wellington. You can contact the facility at 02 6840 1778.
Expand the sections below to find out more about Council’s waste facility.
The Wellington Waste Transfer Station operates from 10am to 4pm on weekends, and from 8am on weekdays; closing at 12pm on Tuesday and Wednesday, and closing at 5pm on Monday, Thursday and Friday. It is open every day except Good Friday and Christmas Day.
GUIDELINES FOR ENTRY
- Car tyres to be placed as directed by site supervisor
- Car tyre rims must go to the metal pile
- Appropriate footwear is to be worn at all times ie: no thongs, enclosed shoes
- You must comply with any lawful direction of the site supervisor; refusal is an offence
- Alcohol is prohibited
- Riding on the back of any vehicle is forbidden
- A 10km speed limit applies at all times
- Children must be under adult supervision at all times. Children under 16 years old must remain in vehicle at all times
- No scavenging (this includes searching amongst discarded material for the intention to reuse). Minimum penalty is $600
- All dogs must be on a leash or kept in the vehicle at all times
- Car parts are not to be removed from dumped vehicles
- It is an offence to place rubbish inside car bodies
- All loads must be covered including caged trailers; uncovered loads will be refused entry or a penalty of $650 may be imposed
- Tipping vehicles are required to separate their load
- Collection of mulched greenwaste is restricted to car trailer or ute-loads.
Please separate all loads into the following:
- Metal - steel, steel frames & chairs, tanks, drums, bikes, wire & netting (posts to be removed), fridges etc, excluding timber, household rubbish, brick & rocks
- Household general household rubbish
- Hardfill bricks, concrete, timber, beds, furniture, dirt etc
The Wellington Waste Transfer Station does not accept:
- Liquid wastes of any description (other than commercial grease trap wastes and used motor oil)
- Radioactive waste
- Deceased Animals
- Any inflammable liquid material derived from grease, oil, tar, petroleum, shale or coal (other used motor oil)
- Any sludge material (unless proven to be innocuous or harmless) being the refuse from any industrial process carried on in any:
- tanning or leather processing plant
- chemical plant
- pharmaceutical or drug manufacturing plant
- metal treatment plant
- petroleum or petrochemical plant
- vegetable or mineral oil plant
- Any material containing arsenic, cyanide or sulphide
- Any toxic soluble salts of barium, boron, cadmium, chromium, copper, lead, manganese, mercury, selenium, silver or zinc
- Any pesticide or weedicide and in particular:
- chlorinated hydrocarbons (organochlorines)
- fluorinated hydrocarbons
- Any soluble acid or alkali, acidic or basic compounds
- Cytotoxic wastes
- Special clinical wastes (including sharps)
- Any drums containing agricultural or animal health chemicals (contact ChemClear on 1800 008 182).
Wellington Waste Transfer Stations does not accept any large volumes of waste; a vehicle over the mass of 3 tonne.
FEES AND CHARGES
The cost for visiting a waste facility differs depending on how much rubbish you have, and what you're disposing. Council's Fees and Charges (PDF3.1MB) show all costs that can be charged at waste facilities.
You may wish to pre-determine the price you will pay before visiting a centre, however Council advises that staff of waste facilities will have final say on the classifications of products you are presenting with.
Outlined below are the disposal costs for domestic household quantities.
- Mixed Waste
- $9.00 - Car or equivalent - sorted mixed waste and recycling
- $13.00 - Car or equivalent - mixed waste
- $21.00 - Utility or small single axle trailer - sorted mixed waste and recycling
- $29.00 - Utility or small single axle trailer - mixed waste
- $29.00 per cubic metre
- Green waste - clean with no traces of mixed waste
- $8.50 - Car, utility or small trailer - up to 1/2 cubic metre
- $17.00 - Utility or small trailer - up to 1 cubic metre
- $17.00 per cubic metre
- $6.00 each - All bike tyres
- $9.00 each - Car tyres
- $13.00 each - Light truck/4WD tyres
- $10.00 each - Additional charge - any tyre on a rim
- $11.00 - Single bed - per mattress
- $21.00 - Double bed and larger - per mattress
The disposal of the following recyclable items where segregated on delivery are free:
- Scrap metal
- Whitegoods, degassed
- DrumMuster Drums, empty and rinsed clean
- Car batteries
- Old TV's and other domestic e-waste, household quantities only
- Gas bottles, household quantities only
- Smoke detectors
- Fluorescent light globes and tubes, household quantities only
- Household batteries
- Used motor oil, household quantities only
- Domestic mixed recycling - paper/cardboard, steel, plastic, aluminium, glass containers
Dubbo Regional Council provides residents with one free visit to a Council waste facility under a Tipping Voucher scheme. Council's Tipping Vouchers are digital, which means that when you arrive at a waste facility you’ll be required to provide proof of address so we can process your free visit. Find out more at Council's dedicated webpage Tipping Vouchers.
Illegal dumping is the unlawful deposit of waste, larger than litter, onto land or into water. It includes waste materials that have been dumped, tipped or otherwise deposited onto private or public land where no licence or approval exists to accept such waste. Illegal dumping at one of Council's waste facilities can be reported through Council's dedicated webpage Pollution and Illegal Dumping.
Wellington Waste Facility is required to be monitored in accordance with their licence conditions and reported to the EPA in an Annual Return.
Environmental Monitoring Results - March 2022 (PDF 514.2KB)
Last Edited: 09 Feb 2023