Water Charges and Services

Households Water Charges and Services Hero

Expand the sections below for information on Dubbo Regional Council's current household water charges and customer service levels.


Council is responsible for providing a safe, reliable and cost effective drinking water supply which is customer focused, enhances the environment and caters for the sustainable growth of the local government area.

Customers can apply to connect to Council's water supply or sewerage systems, or make changes to existing water connections such as installing an additional water meter, changing the size or relocating your existing meter, installing meter guards or a backflow prevention device. If you are not the property owner, you must obtain the owner’s written approval in accordance with the Local Government Act 1993.

For further information and to apply, please visit Council’s Connect to water and sewerage page and complete the Application to Connect to Council’s water supply system. Council will provide a written quote to the applicant within ten (10) working days of receipt of the quote request. The quote will only be valid for three (3) months after issue.


Every two years, Council adopts Customer Service Standards for Water Supply Services. These define the level of service Council aims to supply to its water supply customers. The Water Supply and Sewerage Customer Service Plan for 2022/23 to 2023/24 was adopted at the November 2022 Council Meeting. It can be view at Council's dedicated webpage; A-Z Plans and Strategies.

Depending on where you live, there may be differences in the level of service. This is because Council has adopted different Customer Service Levels within the Local Government area.

Dubbo - Water supply services area (PDF 1.5MB)

Eumungerie - Water supply services area (PDF 272.7KB)

Geurie - Water supply services area (PDF 132.9KB)

Mumbil - Water supply services area (PDF 145.5KB)

Wellington - Water supply services area (PDF 463.8KB)

Wongarbon/Ballimore - Water supply services area (PDF 449.4KB)


Dubbo Regional Council has aligned the former Dubbo City Council and Wellington Councils water supply and sewerage services charging structures to a single consistent structure as part of the 2023/2024 Operational Plan and Revenue Policy.

Why has Council harmonised the charges?

Existing pricing regimes for Water and Sewerage charges for the former Dubbo City Council and Wellington Council have continued since the merge to allow Council to undertake a comprehensive review.

Council wants to ensure there is equitable prices for all residents and businesses across the Local Government area.

As part of this year’s budget, Council has now achieved harmonisation – meaning all residents and businesses throughout the local government area, will have their water and sewerage charges calculated from the same charging structure.

When will the price harmonisation be introduced?

These changes took effect from 1 July 2023. The new Annual Water Access charge and the Residential Sewer charge are reflected in the Annual 2023/2024 Rate Notice. Non-Residential properties also had a change to their Annual Water Access charge on their annual 2023/2024 Rate Notice.

The change to water consumption accounts for all properties, and non-residential sewerage accounts for Business properties, won’t appear until the first quarterly water billing accounts for the 2023/2024 financial year which are issued in October 2023.
Unlike the annual access charge, usage is charged in arrears.  

Click here (PDF 637.2KB) for the 2023/2024 Water and Sewer Pricing Harmonisation Factsheet.

Last Edited: 04 Jul 2023

Section Menu