Access to information
As a member of the public you have the right to access certain government information.
Under the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009, there are four ways you can access information about Council.
Open access information
Certain information must be disclosed by us unless it is not in the public interest to do so. This is referred to as open access information and includes the following:
- An Information Guide 2015 (DOCX 14.5KB) which lists the Council information that is available free of charge on our website
- Information about the agency contained in any document tabled in parliament by or on behalf of the agency (other than any document tabled by order of either House of Parliament) (PDF 8.2KB)
- Policy documents
- A Disclosure Log (PDF 82.5KB) of access applications
- A Register of Government Contracts (PDF 188.1KB)
- A record of Open Access Information not publicly available. The agency’s record of the open access information (PDF 61.4KB).
Arrangements can be made for amendments to records concerning the personal affairs of members of the public by contacting our Right to Information Officer.
Proactive release of information
In addition to the open access information that we must make available on our website, we also proactively release information with a commitment to providing as much information as possible for free or at the lowest possible cost. It is also our intent to make information easily accessible to the public. You can find information on our website or by contacting our Customer Service Centre on (02) 6801 4000.
Informal release of information
If the information you require are not available on the website please contact us. Under the Act, we may allow access to other information unless there is an overriding public interest against disclosure of the information.
Formal release of information
If you are unable to obtain your required information through any of the previous methods, a formal access application may be necessary.
Please complete the Application Form (DOC 37KB) and present it with the appropriate fee at our Customer Service Centre. Details of procedures and fees are detailed in the GIPA Act or may be obtained from our Customer Service Centre.
Last Edited: 14 Nov 2016