Council has been providing quality, affordable childcare services to the local community for almost 40 years. Council operates the long day care Centre, Rainbow Cottage and the Family Day Care Scheme.
Our services operate according to Early Childhood Education and Care National Regulations; the National Quality Standards (NQS) and the National Quality Framework (NQF).
Rainbow Cottage Childcare Centre
Rainbow Cottage Childcare Centre is a non-profit childcare facility, conveniently located in Mitchell Street Dubbo. It opened in 1992 to meet the childcare needs of working families. It is licensed to have 58 children from the ages of 6 weeks to 6 years The Centre aims to provide a careing, homelike atmosphere conducive to meeting the needs of each child. For more information visit www.rainbowcottagedubbo.com.au
Dubbo Family Day Care
Dubbo Family Day Care has been part of the Dubbo community since 1976.
We aim to provide an affordable and flexible child care service of the highest quality that allows every child to grow and develop to their fullest potential within a safe and secure family environment.
We believe that all children and parents have the right to high quality care in every Educator’s home. We also believe that a partnership between Educators and staff will ensure each child’s needs are met on a daily basis, and parents’ wishes in regard to care and education are respected.
Our Educators provide a safe, secure and stimulating education and care service in a small home-based environment for your children. This allows the opportunity for you and your children to develop a close and personalised relationship with your Educator.
The Coordination Unit, located in Victoria Park, consists of a team of six staff (PDF 267.4KB) who coordinate, support and monitor a network of more than 50 Educators who provide care to the children of hundreds of local families.
Services We Offer
- Registered Educators providing accredited quality child care for child aged birth to 13 years.
- Licensed 24 hours/7 days a week providing full-time, part-time, casual, weekend, evening, occasional, emergency, before and after school and vacation care.
- Child Care Benefit and Child Care Rebate available to eligible families.
- In Home Care also available for families who meet certain eligibility criteria.
Why choose Dubbo Family Day Care?
- Your child will love to learn and explore in the safety and security of a small group setting.
- Our philosophy encourages Educators to provide environments that invite your child to explore and learn through accepting challenges and taking risks.
- You can go to work knowing that your child is safe and secure in our Educators stimulating home environment and registered with a service that has almost 40 years experience in delivering family day care in Dubbo.
- Your child will receive individual attention as well as the opportunity to learn to socialise in an environment where it is OK to make mistakes.
- Your child’s Educator and their family members have current Working with Children checks in accordance with the Child Protection Amendment Regulation 2013.
- You have the opportunity to talk to professional staff at the Coordination Unit office regarding your child’s placement and your expectations prior to commencing care. This ensures that the referral for care matches your individual family needs.
- You make the choice of Educator for your child. You are provided with contact details of Educators who have vacancies and you make the choice for your child.
- You will receive regular communication from our professional Support Coordinators when they have visited your child whilst in care.
- Fees for your child’s care are affordable and range from $6.70 and $8.00 per hour, plus an administration levy of $1.00/hour/child.
- You have access to Child Care Benefit and Child Care Rebate to reduce the cost of your fees.
- You have access to a local Family Day Care Office that is open 5 days per week and provides a 24 hour Emergency/On Call Service.
- In-Home Care available.
How much does Family Day Care cost?
Care is charged per hour. Educators independently may adopt the Recommended Fees and Conditions or independently set their fees considering their qualifications, environments and if food or travel is provided. Fees, therefore, vary depending on the family’s choice of Educator. Families who use an Educator with independently set fees will receive a copy of their individual Educator’s fee schedule and payment requirements at the time of interview with the Educator.
See our Recommended Fees and Conditions Guide (PDF 531.7KB) for more information.
What do I need to do to find care?
- Complete and submit the Care Register form or contact the Coordination Unit office on 6801 4470 to provide the details of your care requirements
- The Placement Coordinator will review your request and match your needs to available Educators.
- If a position is available you will be offered a placement.
- If you accept the offer, you will need to complete and submit Enrolment paperwork and pay the $50.00 enrolment fee.
- Following receipt of your enrolment, you will be provided with contact details of the Educators that have vacancies that match your requirements.
- You then need to contact the Educators and arrange an interview time.
- If positions are not available, your name remains on the waiting list. We will contact you as soon as a position becomes available.
To learn more about Dubbo Family Day Care can offer your family please read the Parent Information Booklets or feel free to contact us.
Parent Information Booklet 1 (PDF 633.2KB)
Parent Information Booklet 2 (PDF 269.5KB)
Parent Information Booklet 3 (PDF 345.9KB)
Join our team as a professional Family Day Care Educator
Passionate about working with children? Looking for a career in Early Childhood?
Dubbo Family Day Care would like to support you to pursue your career.
If you enjoy working with children, and want to make a difference in their lives by providing quality care with stimulating and challenging learning experiences from your own nurturing home environment, then family day care could be your career of choice!
A flexible and rewarding career ... at home!
A career as an Educator in Family Day Care is a rewarding business opportunity. As an Educator you will build a partnership with the Dubbo Family Day Care Service. A professionally produced induction and training package is available and our existing network will support you in establishing and maintaining your child care service.
Educators with Family Day Care have the opportunity to work from home, have the flexibility of working full-time, part-time, in the evening, or outside of school hours.
Please contact us if you:
- enjoy working with children and supporting their learning
- have a sound knowledge of child development
- have experience working with children
- hold early childhood qualifications or are enrolled in a relevant course and working towards
- have or are willing to obtain a current approved First Aid Certificate
- would like to operate your own business.
Last Edited: 02 Dec 2016