Wellington Waste Transfer Station
The Wellington Waste Transfer Station is located at 83 Nanima Village Road, Wellington.
- Monday: 8am - 5pm
- Tuesday: 8am - 12 noon
- Wednesday: 8am - 12 noon
- Thursday: 8am - 5pm
- Friday: 8am - 5pm
- Saturday: 10am - 4pm
- Sunday: 10am - 4pm
Good Friday - Closed
Christmas Day - Closed
All other Public Holidays as per normal Operating Hours.
For all enquiries please call (02) 6840 1778.
Wellington Waste Transfer Station is licensed by the Environmental Protection Authority. Under this licence, Wellington Council must ensure the following rules and regulations are adhered to:
- Car tyres to be placed as directed by site supervisor
- Car tyre rims must go to the metal pile
- Appropriate footwear is to be worn at all times ie: no thongs, enclosed shoes
- You must comply with any lawful direction of the site supervisor; refusal is an offence
- Alcohol is prohibited
- Riding on the back of any vehicle is forbidden
- A 10km speed limit applies at all times
- Children must be under adult supervision at all times. Children under 16 years old must remain in vehicle at all times
- No scavenging (this includes searching amongst discarded material for the intention to reuse). Minimum penalty is $600
- All dogs must be on a leash or kept in the vehicle at all times
- Car parts are not to be removed from dumped vehicles
- It is an offence to place rubbish inside car bodies
- All loads must be covered including caged trailers; uncovered loads will be refused entry or a penalty of $650 may be imposed
- Tipping vehicles are required to separate their load
- Collection of mulched greenwaste is restricted to car trailer or ute-loads.
Please separate all loads into the following:
- Metal - steel, steel frames & chairs, tanks, drums, bikes, wire & netting (posts to be removed), fridges etc, excluding timber, household rubbish, brick & rocks
- Household general household rubbish
- Hardfill bricks, concrete, timber, beds, furniture, dirt etc
drumMUSTER is the national program for the collection and recycling of empty, cleaned, non-returnable metal and plastic agvet chemical containers.
Chemical users are encouraged to deliver their empty, cleaned containers for inspection and acceptance at Wellington Waste Transfer Station, Geurie Waste Depot, Stuart Town Waste Depot and to G Walters and Co, Elong Elong.
drumMUSTER product is recycled into useful everyday items such as street signs, irrigation piping, plant stakes and outdoor furniture.
- an environmentally responsible solution for chemical users to the problem of disposing their empty chemical containers
- helps property owners to keep their property clean of potential contamination
- encourages good farming practice and meets Quality Assurance obligations
- supports the preservation of the wider environment.
Please ring (02) 6840 1778 and make a booking to drop off your drumMUSTER containers for inspection.
E-Waste is the term used for computer equipment that is unwanted, and has no resale value or market value.
E-waste is accepted free of charge once a year with the next collection to be announced in July.
The types of E-waste that can be dropped off include:-
- Hard drives/towersCDs, DVDs & video players
- Computer monitors
- Printers and faxes
- Landline and mobile phones
- Keyboards and mice
- Electronic games and joysticks
- Speakers and stereos
- Video recorders.
ChemClear® is the national program for the collection and disposal of unwanted currently registered agvet chemicals. The objective of the program is to minimise the accumulation of unwanted agvet chemicals held in storage which may create potential risks to the environment, public health and trade.
There are two categories of agvet chemicals ChemClear® collects:
Group 1 chemicals are currently registered products manufactured by participating companies signed to the Industry Waste Reduction Agreement. These products are collected free of charge.
Group 2 chemicals are products manufactured by non participating companies, or deregistered, unknown, mixed or out of date products. A per litre/kilogram fee for disposal applies.
Registrations are essential and can be made at ChemClear or 1800 008 182.
Paint & paint related products (thinners, strippers and varnish etc)
Solvents & household cleaners
Motor oils, fuels & fluids
Acids & alkalis
Hobby chemicals (photography chemicals etc)
Agriculture and veterinary chemicals
Last Edited: 10 Sep 2021