FLOOD UPDATE - DUBBO REGION - 8 OCT 3:45PM
Dubbo Regional Council (DRC) working closely with SES and local Police will implement the following closures to ensure the safety of the community following significant rain across the region.
- From 4pm Saturday 8 October all unsealed road in the Local Government Area will be closed with access for local residents in passenger vehicles under 3.5 ton only
- Troy Bridge is closed
- Goolma Road is closed
- Boothenba Road is closed
Heavy downfalls in Dubbo have put immense pressure on the water and sewerage networks and Council is aware of significant issues in some areas. Staff are monitoring the systems and crews are attending call outs as soon as possible.
Residents are asked to limit unnecessary flushing of toilets or draining of pools as this will only cause addition water flows into the network.
Community members are encouraged to stay informed via the following channels.
1. Visit www.ses.nsw.gov.au or follow local units on Facebook
2. Local road closures: www.dubbo.nsw.gov.au/flood
3. The ABC radio is the emergency broadcaster for any emergency announcements
4. For the latest Weather, Warnings, Rainfall and River heights visit www.bom.gov.au or
phone 1300 945 108
5. For rural animal and livestock assistance, contact your Local Land Services Office on 1300 795 299 or visit www.lls.nsw.gov.au
Do not enter flood waters. For emergencies call 000.
A number of roads across the Local Government Area are being monitored, and may close, due to increased water levels. Stay informed using Dubbo.nsw.gov.au/floods and livetraffic.com
Last Edited: 17 Jul 2023