FLOOD UPDATE – SERISIER BRIDGE BEING MONITORED
DRC UPDATE, 11:45 am Sunday 23 October 2022
With the Macquarie River continuing to rise at Dubbo, Geurie and Wellington, Dubbo Regional Council (DRC) are working closely with SES, NSW Police and TfNSW preparing measures in the event the Emile Serisier Bridge may have to be partially or fully closed. This preparation is only precautionary at this stage.
This closure will only take place when the depth of the water overtopping the deck of the bridge becomes too dangerous to drive through. In the event the Emile Serisier Bridge does close, additional traffic management will be put into place.
A number of roads across the Local Government Area have been closed this morning and many others continue to monitored, and may close due to increased water levels.
Residents and visitors are asked to drive to the road conditions and stay informed using Dubbo.nsw.gov.au/floods and livetraffic.com. If it’s flooded forget it.
Community members are encouraged to stay informed via the following channels.
1. Visit www.ses.nsw.gov.au or follow local units on Facebook
2. Local road closures: www.dubbo.nsw.gov.au/flood
3. The ABC radio is the emergency broadcaster for any emergency announcements
4. For the latest Weather, Warnings, Rainfall and River heights visit www.bom.gov.au or
phone 1300 945 108
5. For rural animal and livestock assistance, contact your Local Land Services Office
on 1300 795 299 or visit www.lls.nsw.gov.au
Do not enter flood waters. For emergencies call 000.
Last Edited: 23 Oct 2022