FLOOD UPDATE – SERISIER BRIDGE NOW OPEN
DRC UPDATE, 1.45pm Monday 10 October 2022
Hardworking crews from Dubbo Regional Council (DRC) have put in a great effort this morning (Monday 10 October 2022) to support the reopening of Emile Serisier Bridge many hours before expected.
Transport for NSW was also quick to inspect and provide approvals to ensure traffic flow through the Newell Highway and across Dubbo was returned as soon as possible.
The quicker than expected reopening of the bridge was possible with support from Rural Fire Service and Fire and Rescue crews who are currently focusing their efforts on cleaning Bligh Street and car parks.
Bligh Street remains closed.
Traffic control in Cobra Street is being removed with traffic conditions expected to return to normal early afternoon (Monday 10 October 2022)
For a full list of road updates please visit www.dubbo.nsw.gov.au/flood
Community members are encouraged to stay informed via the following channels.
- Visit www.ses.nsw.gov.au or follow local units on Facebook
- Local road closures: www.dubbo.nsw.gov.au/flood
- The ABC radio is the emergency broadcaster for any emergency announcements
- For the latest Weather, Warnings, Rainfall and River heights visit www.bom.gov.au or
phone 1300 945 108
- For rural animal and livestock assistance, contact your Local Land Services Office
on 1300 795 299 or visit www.lls.nsw.gov.au
Last Edited: 10 Oct 2022