ROAD CLOSURES FOLLOWING FAST RISING WATER ACROSS LGA
With fast water flows in the Bell River and rising river levels in the Macquarie, Dubbo Regional Council (DRC) are working closely with SES, NSW Police and Transport for NSW and will be closing a number of roads as a precautionary measure.
Dubbo road closures underway include:
- Troy Bridge
- Bligh Street
- Dubbo Visitor Information Centre Car Park
- Macquarie Regional Library Car Park, Dubbo
Council are also preparing measures in the event the Emile Serisier Bridge may have to be partially or fully closed. This closure will only take place when the depth of the water overtopping the deck of the bridge becomes too dangerous to drive through. In the event the Emile Serisier Bridge does close, additional traffic management will be put into place.
Water is moving quickly and in an unpredictable manner across the region. Residents and visitors are reminded to keep well away from any flooded waterways and are encouraged to stay informed using the following channels:
- Visit www.ses.nsw.gov.au or follow local units on Facebook
- Local road closures: www.dubbo.nsw.gov.au/flood
- State roads: www.livetraffic.com
- The ABC radio is the emergency broadcaster for any emergency announcements
- For the latest weather, warnings, rainfall and river heights visit www.bom.gov.au or phone 1300 945 108
- For rural animal and livestock assistance, contact your Local Land Services Office on 1300 795 299 or visit www.lls.nsw.gov.au
Do not enter flood waters. For emergencies call 000.
Last Edited: 14 Nov 2022