Bulky rubbish collection
Annual Kerbside Cleanup
Council conducts the Annual Kerbside Cleanup for collection of bulky rubbish and green waste for the Dubbo area during August and September. Please note that this service does not apply to the former Wellington Council area.
The area normally receiving this service will be split into three urban zones and one rural zone. The clean-up collections will be conducted over one week in each zone.
What zone are you in?
Residences located within the Dubbo built-up area (50kph speed zone) are in Urban Zone 1, 2 or 3.
Residences located outside Dubbo’s 50kph speed zone that receive a weekly wheelie bin service are in the Rural zone. The rural zone includes the estates of Richmond and Firgrove and the villages of Brocklehurst, Eumungerie, Ballimore, Mogriguy and Wongarbon.
Please note that the following conditions apply:
- Your bulky rubbish and green waste MUST be placed out for collection by the day indicated in the table above AND no earlier than seven (7) days before that day.
- Any waste that is ineligible for collection or that is placed out for collection AFTER the appropriate date your zone will NOT be collected and will remain the responsibility of the resident.
- There is a limit of the equivalent of one level box trailer load or one (1) cubic metre (m3) of garbage per residence. Quantities in excess of this amount will only be removed if requested by the resident and at a cost of $150.00/m3 to the resident.
- Green waste should be separated from other garbage. Tie prunings into bundles with string or rope and place loose garden waste such as lawn clippings and leaves in cardboard boxes.
- Whitegoods and other metal items should be placed in a separate heap for collection.
- Remove doors from old freezers and fridges.
- Place loose garbage in boxes or bags.
- Household hazardous waste and liquids (such as chemicals, poisons, oil, paint and batteries) will NOT be collected.
- Commercial properties are NOT eligible for this service.
Urban zones: Place bulky rubbish and garden waste on the footpath, making sure it does not obstruct people using the footpath.
Pruning and Tree Trimming
The 2017 Pruning and Tree Trimming Kerbside Clean-up Collection for residents within the 50 kph speed zones in Dubbo, Wongarbon and Brocklehurst is scheduled for Monday 13 March 2017 to Friday 31 March 2017. Please note that this service does not apply to the former Wellington Council area.
The area normally receiving this service will be split into three urban zones, plus the villages of Wongarbon and Brocklehurst. The clean-up collections will be conducted over one week in each zone.
What Zone Are You In?
Residences located within the Dubbo built-up area (50 km/h speed zone) are in urban Zones 1, 2 or 3 as follows:
- Urban Zone 1 is east of the Macquarie River and north of the Dubbo - Sydney (Main Western) railway line. place your trimmings out by Sunday 12 March 2017.
- Urban Zone 2 is west of the Macquarie River in Dubbo and the villages of Wongarbon and Brocklehurst. Place your trimmings out by Sunday 19 March 2017.
- Urban Zone 3 is east of the Macquarie River and south of the Dubbo - Sydney (Main Western) railway line.place your trimmings out by Sunday 26 March 2017.
Urban Zones: Place your green waste on the footpath, making sure it does not obstruct people using the footpath.
Guidelines for Collection
- Please place your green waste out for collection close to the date set for your zone. This reduces the possibility of rubbish being scattered by wind or passers-by while awaiting collection. Materials placed out for collection after the appropriate day for your zone will not be collected.
- There is a limit of the equivalent of one heaped box trailer load for four cubic metres (4m³) of green waste pre residence. Quantities in excess of this amount will only be removed if requested and at the residents full cost.
For information about this service please contact Council’s Customer Service Centre on 6801 4000.
Last Edited: 09 Feb 2017