Changes coming for next Kerbside Collection
New zone names and a stricter enforcement of size limits are some of the changes coming to Dubbo Regional Council’s (DRC) kerbside bulky waste collection service when it returns from Monday 9 October to Friday 1 December 2023.
Each household is permitted to put out the equivalent of a box-trailer load of rubbish on the kerbside for collection up to a week ahead of time.
“The kerbside bulky waste collection service is a huge project every year so we really appreciate the public assisting us by keeping the amount and types of rubbish they leave on the kerb for us to collect within the restrictions,” Manager Resource Recovery and Efficiency Jamie Lobb said.
“Keeping to those standards will make sure we can provide the service safely, effectively and on schedule.”
In addition, building materials, hazardous materials such as chemicals, poisons, oil, paint, batteries and truck and tractor tyres will not be accepted for collection, with each residential household allowed to put out no more than 2 mattresses and no more than 4 passenger tyres.
Households that don’t comply with the conditions of kerbside bulky waste collection service will receive a notice outlining the issue and will be asked to contact Council within two (2) days to discuss alternative arrangements. Any rubbish placed on the kerbside over a week prior to the zoned collection date will be deemed illegal dumping and fines may be applicable.
Items over the size limit can be taken to DRC’s waste facilities (Whylandra or Wellington) where residents are able to use their financial year tipping voucher, or a fee will be applied. Commercial properties are not eligible for the service.
Council has also revised the zones that will coincide with the date of pick up for residents.
The new collection zones are:
More information about the upcoming kerbside bulky waste collection service, including maps of the new zones, can be found on http://yoursay.dubbo.nsw.gov.au.
- South East: collection will be from 9 – 13 October
- North East: collection will be from 16 – 20 October
- West: collection will be from 23 – 27 October
- Central South: collection will be from 6 – 10 November
- Wellington and Villages: includes Wellington, Nanima, Euchareena, Stuart Town, Mumbil, Dripstone, Wellington Caves and North Yeoval and will be available from 13 – 17 November
- Rural East: includes Bodangora, Cadonia Estate, Ponto Falls, Geurie, Wongarbon, Firgrove Estate and residences located outside the 50kph and 60kph speed zones with a regular Friday collection day. Collection will be from 20 – 24 November.
- Rural: includes Elong Elong, Ballimore, Richmond Estate, Brocklehurst, Mogriguy, Eumungerie & residences located outside 50/60kph speed zone within all collection areas excluding those usually collected on Fridays. Collection will be from 27 November – 1 December.
Last Edited: 06 Sep 2023