APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN FOR EVENT ASSISTANCE PROGRAM, ROUND 1
Event organisers who are new to hosting events in the Dubbo Region are invited to apply for the first round of the Event Assistance Program for this financial year. Events play an important role in delivering economic, social and cultural outcomes and Council’s funding channels are designed to help kick-start and develop event activity across the Dubbo Region.
Manager Regional Events Kim Hague says Dubbo Regional Council (DRC) has multiple channels of support available, depending on the scope of the event and the benefits that the activity brings to the Region.
“We are committed to ensuring the Dubbo Region maintains its reputation as an epicentre for events and Council’s support delivers invaluable returns for event organisers, the community and visitors to our Region. Events are given every opportunity possible to thrive, because we want to see them returning year after year,” said Ms Hague.
Round one applications open from 5 July – 16 August 2021, and all applications will need to be submitted via Smarty Grants, as no paper applications or applications via email or fax will be accepted. The channels of assistance available for events include:
Emerging Events Fund
- Supporting not-for-profit, new and emerging community events. Events supported by this fund in the past include Santa Paws and the Ladies Stableford Championship.
- Applications of up to $2,000 and the event must be held prior to 30 June 2022.
Community Events Fund
- Supporting not-for-profit, local events that deliver significant social and cultural benefits. Events that received funding under this channel previously include Titan Macquarie Mud Run, Under Western Skies Festival, Wellington Show, Stuart Town’s Man from Ironbark Festival and Dubbo Eisteddfod.
- Applications of up to $3,000 and the event must be held prior to 30 June 2022.
Event Support Program
- Supporting local events with time and skills of staff of the Regional Events Branch. This is the second time DRC has been able to offer this type of support, following feedback from industry.
- Applications for up to five hours’ support
Only events that can proceed under the restrictions and conditions set by the NSW Government under any Public Health Orders will be granted funding. DRC appreciates that these can change, and therefore, Council reserves the right to award funding or hold funding until such time as the event can proceed under COVID-19 restrictions.
“If successful, groups can use their funding to undertake promotion and marketing of their event, or help meet the cost of Council’s fees and charges associated with the event. This could include the cost of hiring a venue, and traffic management,” said Ms Hague.
Applications can be found on DRC’s website, or via the Dubbo Region Events Facebook page.
Last Edited: 24 Aug 2021