HOW TO PURCHASE A CEMETERY PLOT
There are several cemetery locations in the local government area managed by Council and two ways in which you can purchase a cemetery plot. Contact Council to select a site for a burial plot or if you know the details already, submit the Burial Permit Application Form.
How much is the plot?
Costs change from year to year with the Revenue Policy.
In 2016/2017 the plot cost is:
- $1525.00 per plot in the New Dubbo Cemetery or Ashes Garden is $562.00
- $1240.00 per plot in Wellington and Village Cemeteries and Niche or Garden Plots is $266.00.
Payment methods and plans
- Dubbo & District Cemeteries - You can pay up front at time of selection. Make this payment to Council. If the payment plan option is selected, an invoice is issued, 10% is paid on the invoice and arrangements made to pay off the remainder over 12 months.
- Wellington & Village Cemeteries - You have 30 days to make payment to Council when issued with an invoice.
Depth of plot?
- Dubbo & District Cemeteries - Single or double depth can be chosen at the time of the burial by the family. The cost of the double depth is in the digging fee at the time of the funeral.
- Wellington and Village Cemeteries - Plots are customarily excavated double depth to allow two burials to take place. It is sometimes determined in a Village Cemetery that the ground is too difficult to excavate double depth in the area requested. Families will be notified by the Cemetery Manager or the Funeral Director.
Where can I have the plot?
Near a loved one or friend, near an internal roadway, or among trees. The Cemetery Manager will endeavour to accommodate all requests.
Pre need purchase
- Select your burial site
- Come into Council to book the site
- Choose your payment option:
- Pay the full amount at the time of purchase or
- Pay 10% of Invoice and arrange for Direct Debit over 12 months (Dubbo & District cemeteries )
- Pay 30 days after being invoiced (Wellington and Village cemeteries).
At the time of the funeral
- The Funeral Home will contact Council
- Family will select single or double depth
- The cost of the digging will go onto the funeral costs to the Funeral Home.
- Burial Permit Application
- Permit for interring Ashes
- Application for headstone approval
- Wall of Memories - Old Dubbo Cemetery
For Dubbo & District Cemeteries and Wellington and Village cemeteries, please contact Meg O'Brien on (02) 6801 4000.
For cemetery searches there is a fee of $65 per hour.
Last Edited: 01 Dec 2017